Uncontrollably in Love…



This is probably my FAVORITE BL. The actors made the characters come to life. They stepped out of the screen and into my heart. I watched part two first because the YouTube video wasn't marked as being part 2/2, I was instantly hooked, but still scratching my head over some of the flashbacks. After watching I turned to YouTube to satisfy my sweet tooth, this is how I found out about part one and fell deeper in love with RuiWen. If you get a chance, watch some of the interviews with Meng Rui and Wang Bowen, they are so cute that I hope they really are lovers or are the GREATEST Bromance ever. How Meng Rui looks at Wang Bowen melts me into a puddle. Here is a great music video for the song Beautiful by Crush - RuiWen version (yes it's also from Goblin)



Ok. This BL is about two young men who are brought together as master/companion. Xie Yan is the only son of a wealthy family, his parents take him to an orphanage to choose a page boy to grow up with, he instantly decides that Shu Nian is the one for him. They are only 7 and 12 years old (the pic below cracks me up, the boy on the left is 7 and the boy on the right is 12...?, he grows up to be taller later). They are companions until Xie Yan is sent overseas for 6 yrs for schooling, he returns at 25 yrs old. During this time Shu Nian starts working as a manager within the family empire.


I like be this quote that sums it up…

"Shu Nian, who stays in an orphanage, has wanted to be like a princess since childhood—to have a prince come to his rescue. In the end it wasn't a prince who came for him, but rather a hot-tempered “master/Shaoye” called Xie Yan…" - Credit to dairytea & 小鱼 at Chinese BL Translations



Xie Yan returns and resumes to tease and touch Nian, needing constant attention, while taking up with his girlfriend again Yao Jiang. Nian lives in constant fear that Shaoye will find out about his feelings for him but, needing to still feel their closeness. Shaoye feels jealousy for Nian at all times, he can't stand for others to have his attention and often acts out in ways that hurt Nian (emotionally and physically). Yan's temper flares hot and quick and for the most part he seems to be over it when he has vented. Shaoye ends up finding out about Nian's feelings towards him and has him sent away for a time. Yao Jiang played a large part in this over her own jealousy towards Nian. I don't know if it is from homophobia or being scared of how he felt at the knowledge. Honestly I think it's the latter, a case of loving a man because that man is Nian.

"Xie Yan, convinced that he doesn't like men, can’t tolerate the advances of the man beside him. Hence he just wants Shu Nian out of his sight. But he never thought that by sending Shu Nian away, he would also be sending away the very person that can cool his hot temper—his “stabilizer…”
 - Credit to dairytea & 小鱼 at Chinese BL Translations


Ok, I realize that my love for this show is making me extremely wordy. I'm sure you are not going to read the movie through my thoughts but are going to want to watch it for yourself. So this is where I will stop. Please enjoy watching this talented crew bring this story to life.


PART ONE w/English Subtitles 


PART TWO w/ENGLISH Subtitles (happy ending, uncut)


PART THREE - Honeymoon in Paris is rumored to be coming soon. This is a link to the boys in Paris just being cute.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addicted to Heroin... HONESTLY I'm addicted!

Down the Rabbit Hole…