Addicted to Heroin... HONESTLY I'm addicted!


There are just some series that come along, grab you by the throat and don't let go, Addicted did that to me. It's not often the chemistry of two characters can transcend the movie screen and take up a place in your heart and mind. I just finished the series, and can say, I already miss the story deep within my soul.


From the word go, this web series had me laughing so hard. Bai Luoyin (Timmy Xu Weizhou) and Gu Hai (Johnny Huang Jingyu) are so... whats the word? not mean... antagonistic towards each other. Gu Hai does things that show his caring but come off as being aggressive (like I used to do when I liked someone on the playground) and Bai Luyin simply retaliates in innocence.


The chemistry between Hai and Yin builds over time (Hai is the locomotive and Yin slowly comes to terms with the fact that he isn't going to get away). Hai has a girlfriend throughout some of the series while Yin has broken up with his recently. Yin makes the opening salvo when he is asked to make the student seating chart and can't read Hai's handwritting. Hai now has sights set on Yin... watch out cutie pie.


Through a stroke of fate and unbeknownst to these two they are stepbrothers. Yins mother abandoned  him and his father early in his life and has now married Hai's father.

The show really is worth watching so I won't give away too much. Series 1 episode 15 (finale) ends with questions to be answered but their relationship is in a good place. The series gained too much popularity and was noticed by the Chinese government and was banned 3 episodes from the finale by the SAPPRFT (STATE ADMINISTRATION of PRESS, PUBLICATION, RADIO, FILM and TELEVISION) and Chinese citizens can no longer watch it. The planned second season has been temporarily maybe even just shelved (I don't know why but I'm writing these words with tears in my eyes). I found the possible end to the series in this music video, with content that isn't in the series. It seems to show future events. It will be so sad if this is the end of Hailuoyin. Their story is touching and gripping! Great!!! I just started crying harder now that I've just found this video of the boys singing on a stage at :27 seconds Timmy changes the words of the song and Johnny gets emotional. If they are a real couple (YuZhou) and this is the only way that they can communicate... 😞😢


It's also sad that this story and the people telling it live in a country that controls how people live their lives. Freedom within walls isn't freedom.

Here is where I found the series w/ Eng Subtitles

ONE  TWO  THREE  FOUR  FIVE  SIX  SEVEN  EIGHT  NINE  TEN  ELEVEN  TWELVE  THIRTEEN  FOURTEEN  FIFTEEN

#bl #boylove #drama #YuZhou #heroin #addicted


Comments

  1. Sounds good Bryluen, may have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim. Did you read the blog? You are the first to read so can you give me some critique? Was the flow good? I hope you do it's an amazing piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #bl #boylove #drama #YuZhou #heroin #addicted

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Uncontrollably in Love…

Down the Rabbit Hole…